Test Technician, Senior
Senior Test Technician
Direct Hire with Full Benefits
The Senior Test Technician is responsible for building prototypes, testing and verification of medical products in support of development activities by engineering and scientific staff. The scope of work includes design of test fixtures and testing strategies for product prototypes which contain mechanical, electro-mechanical, pneumatic and electronic components. The Senior Test Technician is also responsible for upkeep of lab work-spaces, monitoring inventory of lab supplies and safe implementation of procedures.
- Work as a critical member of the development team in support of product testing, prototyping, evaluation and verification activities.
- Perform formal and informal inspection of components or assemblies
- Conduct or assist in the fabrication of functional prototypes.
- Design, develop and build assembly and testing fixtures.
- Prepare and conduct formal and informal evaluation as well as detailed verification of performance against product requirements
- Design, develop and qualification of testing methods and fixtures
- Collaborate in preparation and conduct execution of test protocols against product requirements and other performance measures
- Prepare and utilize detailed data sheets to capture test results, observations and deviations per good documentation practices
- Perform introductory analysis (mean, median, std deviation) and charts for collected data. Desired: perform inferential statistics (t-test, z-test, distribution), and or familiarity with Mini Tab.
- Document issues, work through de-bugging and mitigation.
- Setup and operation of measurement equipment (mass flow control, humidity/temperature, flow rate, voltage/current).
- Work with pressurized air and gas cylinders (used for calibration and testing).
- Follow and possibly update lab procedures for safety and testing/calibration.
- Perform formal and informal inspection of components or assemblies.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in product development, manufacturing or quality environment where testing and verification are a primary function
- Experience with complex electro-mechanical and fluidic assemblies
- Expertise in the use of measurement instrumentation with data logger interfaces.
- Expertise in the use of hand tools, machine tools, soldering, and other methods for building prototypes and product assemblies.
- Self-starter, ability to solve problems independently
- Ability to properly document development activities in a regulated environment.