Contract 6+ months
Mon-Fri 40 hours/week
About the Job
Our client is a trusted, top innovator specializing in the design, development, and production of precision control components and systems. Their products and expertise range from high performance valves and manifolds to complete sub-systems that integrate electronic controls, actuators, and power conditioning systems. We are looking for a Test Technician to join our world-class team developing Control Actuation Systems. The team is responsible for designing and developing electromechanical actuation products for military weapon systems, which includes missiles, guided rockets, and smart munitions.
Compensation, Benefits, and Culture – What’s in it for you?
- Good compensation aligned with current market rates. Get paid weekly.
- Opportunity to join one of the most experienced, talented, and fastest growing teams in industry.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance, Dental insurance, 401k, accrued Paid Time Off, etc.
- Enthusiastic, bright, and talented individuals collaborating on ideas
- This position will be building and testing electromechanical and electronic hardware and test equipment, and supporting engineering, development, and qualification, and environmental testing.
- Ensure that all activities related to product development are executed and documented in a manner which is compliant to written instructions, and corporate/regulatory requirements
- Build and test new and existing product designs
- Build and test of test equipment
- Support all testing, both in house and at outside test facilities
- Troubleshoot non-functioning designs to help support engineering
- Develop assembly procedures and document the development build process
- Create testing plans and test procedures; write test reports
- Generate fixtures and test setups that will make testing more complete and efficient
- Effectively communicate exceptions to established/agreed upon schedules to all affected parties internal/external to the organization
- 1-3 years of related experience in an engineering development environment
- Associate degree in engineering or related field
- Knowledgeable and experienced in the area of electronic and electromechanical products
- Knowledgeable and experienced in the area of electronic test equipment
- Knowledgeable and experienced with soldering and circuit card build and/or test
- Ability to run multiple projects at the same time and on schedule
- Demonstrated effective verbal/written communication skills required for interacting with all levels of personnel both internal and external to the organization
- Must be computer literate. Demonstrate proficiency using word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software
- Ability to operate electronic data capture equipment and compile all data
- Ability to summarize data and test result and write reports
These skills are a plus:
- Knowledgeable and experienced with environmental testing (thermal cycling, vibration, shock, etc)
- Experience in development of aerospace or military products
- Bachelor degree in engineering or related field preferred
- Have procurement and planning experience
- LabVIEW experience is a plus
It is the policy of GCR to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. GCR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary