- Background check is required for this role.
- Work will be done 100% onsite.
- US Citizen or Permanent resident is required.
For this position you will be asked to design, develop, test, & integrate thermal solutions for our client's product lines.
- Responsible for architecting the thermal subsystem, developing thermal models, analyzing the system, and ensuring the design meets program requirements. You will report to the Thermal Systems Lead on progress.
- You will perform component and system trade studies through analysis, testing and integration
- Build thermal mathematical models using design data, integrate models to determine system-level performance
- Develop thermal test plans, conduct the testing, and document the results
- Hands on assembly of prototypes and flight hardware
- Provide real time mission operations support
- Write and present technical reports
- Coordinate between technical partners, vendors, and other subsystem to assess design progress, schedule, and risks
- M.S. in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- 5+ years of experience with a thermal / fluid focus
- Experience developing thermal hardware and systems for aircraft, spacecraft or launch vehicles
- Experience with Thermal Desktop (or ANSYS Workbench)
- Experience running and operating tests in a Thermal Vacuum Chamber (TVAC)
Required for this role:
- B.S. in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- Experience designing or analyzing thermal control systems (heaters, sensors, radiators, multi-layer insulation (MLI), coatings, etc.)
- Proven capability to take a concept from
- Proven capability to develop conceptual thermal designs, perform trade studies, and down select to a design baseline
- Proficient in CAD (SolidWorks highly preferred) and lifecycle management tools
- Adaptable to a startup environment, able to self-start with minimal guidance
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with changing needs and requirements
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S.It is the policy of GCR to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. GCR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary