Contract 12+ months M-F 40 hours weekly
Under the general direction of the Manufacturing Engineering Group Leader or Manufacturing Project Engineer, designs (layout and detailing) tooling, jigs and fixtures, gages, and test equipment for the most economical production and test of Client products. Maintains contact with the Tool Room, Method Engineers, outside vendors and operating departments regarding the ability to manufacture and use of items designed.
1. Designs, lays out, details and checks (dimensionally) tooling and gauges assigned by the
2. Follows up on the manufacture of items designed and their ability to perform as intended.
3. Works with Method Engineers, Supervision, Metrology and users to assure optimum design.
4. Makes recommendations for changes in part drawings to improve manufacturing and/or
5. Assure the acceptance and practice of fundamental safety principles by employees and management.
6. Develops standard tool designs for expediency.
7. Utilizes new graphics systems to streamline tool design tasks.
As a result of the incumbent's duties and contacts, one should have the ability to get along with many people. It is also expected that in performing this job, one will make recommendations for improvement on part drawings and manufacturing techniques. Since much of this work is not directly supervised, the incumbent expected to keep the supervisor informed of all activities
Associates Degree or 2 years' technical school training
Job Status: Contract/Temporary