Ubuntu Build & Release Engineer
Contract 12+ months
M-F 40 hours weekly
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
Support software development infrastructure by providing a standard development environment, configuration management, backup, and recovery. They should also support our developers with advanced Ubuntu Linux administration and development tools. There will also be a need to help optimize our hardware and software development so that they can be migrated to embedded systems.
Coordinate WAN, LAN and WLAN service portfolio and service implementation (project roll out)
Support Plan and design of local and wide-area network solutions between multiple platforms and protocols (including IP and VOIP)
Responsible for implementation of local network solutions
Responsible for network operations, leveraging internal network service provider (NOC) to ensure RUN services
Support/troubleshoot network/network security issues and coordinates with internal department and vendors for installation of such items as routers, switches and firewalls
Provide training and assist other location's network coordinator with network services
Support Datacenter activities (move/change/buildup)
Conduct project planning, cost analysis and vendor comparisons
Ensure server management (hardening, patch, anti-virus) for all servers (Linux,)
* Responsible for PLAN and BUILD for all servers,
Coordinate RUN phase through regional shared services or third party ?
* Ensure provisioning of servers following standard server portfolio, support deployment in datacenter, configuration on the network, access and authorization ?
* Define, implement and maintain technical solutions to meet business demands, e.g. ESX cluster inclusive storage, back up and site recovery
* Coordinate with application owners to ensure installation, configuration and maintenance of applications
Skills & Attributes
* Support Digital Vehicle users with advanced Linux administration topics (Level 2 and 3)
* Back up for business continuity critical Linux Level 1 tasks (HW imaging, SW push, etc)
* Automated deployment of Linux systems, including to test vehicles
* Automated data collection and processing from self-driving cars
* Create and maintain servers for tools like Git, Atlassian, and custom tools
* Unify and maintain development environment
* Support solid software development practices
Min. 3-5 years of experience in project management
Switching and Routing
CCNA CCNP or equivalent experience
Excellent communication and coordination skills
Experience working in large corporation, with complex network architecture (Border Gateway, etc.) across multiple continents (APAC, EMEA, NAFTA).
International experience and worked in DevOps Teams
Strong expertise in server management (installation, update) for Linux ?
* Understanding of IT service management ?
* Experience with VM ware products (VSphere, Veam, SiteRecovery)
* strong experience in implementation of an automation process to provisioning / deployment Builds and Servers ?
* Strong communication skills ?
* Experience with Altlassian tool suites (Jira/confluence) Vagrant, Docker and GIT
Education & Experience
Minimum level of education required and required field of study:
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
Minimum skills required :
Agile development (continuous integration, release/build management. Linux administration (installation, configuration, maintenance, backup/recovery). Familiar with DevOps tools (Docker, Vagrant, Jenkins, Jira, Ansible). Python, bash, git experience. Communication skills for training developers.
Will accept equivalent work experience in lieu of formal education
Minimum years of experience required (Non-exempt positions only):
Combination of Degree and Years of experience acceptable (minimum) :
Bachelors + 2 yrs / Masters + 0 yrs
It is the policy of GCR to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. GCR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population.