Six plus month full-time assignment with conversion opportunity
T/S with SCI is required
The scope of task is to provide primary support (tier 1, 2, and 3) for operations of the Virtual Desktop Infrastructure. This includes HP hardware, VMware ESXi/vSphere system along with either the VMware View application or the Citrix Xen Product set (Citrix XenApp, Citrix XenDesktop, and Citrix PVS).
You will help to keep the system current with all required upgrades, patches and policies and to stay current with VA, VMware, Citrix, and Microsoft recommendations and best practices.
- Operation and maintenance of VMware Infrastructure based on vSphere ESXi, and Citrix XenDesktop
- Operation and maintenance of Storage Area Network Infrastructure based on HP Storage
- Configuration and administration of the above
- Technical lead for coordinating activities with Office of Information Technology (OIT) and concerned vendors (HP, VMware, Citrix)
- Extensive knowledge of Windows 7 & 10, Windows Server 2008R2, 2012R2, and 2016, Active Directory, and SQL Server
- Experience with HP hardware is highly desired MCSE/MCITP certification is highly desired
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience working in an Enterprise environment with Microsoft Systems and IT infrastructure experience
- Minimum 1 years Network Administrator experience with product such as HP Virtual Connect is desired
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with VMware products, specifically ESXi and vSphere.
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP5-DCV, or higher) is required
VMWare certification(s) and 5 years relevant experience (OR no certifications and 10 years relevant experience)
- Minimum 1 year of experience or relevant training with Citrix Xen Product set (Citrix XenApp, Citrix XenDesktop, and Citrix PVS)
It is the policy of GCR to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. GCR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary