Contract 6+ Months
Mon-Fri 40 hours/week
About the Job
With the number of connected vehicles on the road increasing daily, the amount of data being generated and its significance is also increasing rapidly. Our Client’s Vehicle Infrastructure & Data Analytics team is looking for a passionate and versatile Web Developer to support with building robust & secure web-backends for vehicle data collection. This position will play a key role of an innovative Big Data Platform for vehicle data processing and advanced analytics. As a Web Developer on the team, you will get to build web services that enable dynamic configuration of vehicle modules over-the-air.
Compensation, Benefits, and Culture – What’s in it for you?
- Good compensation aligned with current market rates. Get paid weekly.
- Opportunity work as part of an outstanding Engineering team within the Vehicle Infrastructure & Data Analytics team
- Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance, Dental insurance, 401k, accrued Paid Time Off, etc.
- Enthusiastic, bright, and talented individuals collaborating on ideas
- Architect and implement a web service for dynamic vehicle configuration with varying demands of throughput and latency
- Architect and implement vehicle & user-facing REST-APIs
- Secure API access with Single Sign On systems
- Architect SQL databases based on customer requirements and system requirements
- Build integrations with other microservices
- Create means of system auditing
- Ensure quality through unit testing
- Perform in-vehicle integration tests
- Evaluate performance and take steps to optimize parts of the stack and implementation
- 2+ years of experience using SQL development tools
- 2+ years of JAVA programming language experience
- Strong background in building web APIs with Spring Boot
- Hands on experience with Single Sign On systems
- Knowledge of tools for load testing (i.e. jMeter, Gatling)
These skills are a plus:
- Working knowledge of Jenkins and Kubernetes is a plus
- Experienced with test-driven development based on Mockito, Maven & Junit
- Experienced with building user interfaces
- Experience in other major programming languages (e.g. Unix shell scripting, Python, Go, C#, etc.)
- Familiarity with Cloud environments (AWS, Azure)
It is the policy of GCR to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. GCR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary