Contract 3+ Months
Mon-Fri 40 hours/week
Boston, MA or Atlanta, GA or New York, NY
About the Job
As a Windows Architect on the Digital Employee Engineering team, you will be responsible for the engineering, image creation, problem resolution, scripting and maintenance of our current and future Windows 10 image. You will solve and provide root cause analysis for complex technical problems as an L4 escalation point, integrate as a key resource in project teams, develop scripts and software packages for deployment, and provide technical QA for software packages and task sequences. You will identify and propose product and process upgrades, conduct performance and capacity management studies, collaborate with vendor SMEs on issues impacting Windows performance, and make sound recommendations to remediate issues and optimize the service. You will educate and train others in IT on both basic and advanced Windows features and best practices.
Compensation, Benefits, and Culture – What’s in it for you?
- Good compensation aligned with current market rates.
- Opportunity work as part of an outstanding IT team to solve problems and optimize computer and application performance.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance, Dental insurance, 401k, accrued Paid Time Off, etc.
- Enthusiastic, bright, and talented individuals collaborating on ideas
- Design and maintenance of Windows 10 Reference Images
- Design, maintenance and support of OS Deployment and OS Upgrade SCCM Task Sequences
- 4th level support for Windows OS stability and/or performance problems
- Create and maintain concise architectural and technical documentation including design artifacts, knowledge base articles, and standard operating procedures
- Communicate technical issues/decisions effectively to IT Management by using business terms
- Leverage deep experience and provide architectural expertise to managers, project teams and technical staff
- Build and manage vendor relationships and coordinate work from external vendor resources
- Educate and train other IT team members when transitioning new services to the Operations Team
- Act as a mentor for other technical resources
- Performing other duties as assigned or required.
- B.A./B.S. degree in Computer Science or related Engineering field
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience in desktop environment architecture, design and implementation in large international organizations.
- Advanced understanding of IT infrastructure and enterprise architectures
- Expert knowledge in Windows 10 Client architecture and security
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, ADK, and System Center Configuration Manager
- Proven scripting experience using PowerShell
- Deep knowledge of Active Directory (AD), Group Policy Objects (GPO), and Server 2012/2016 architecture and security
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Fundamental understanding of network concepts including IP addressing, DNS, DHCP, etc.
- Solid knowledge of Cloud infrastructure such as Azure and AWS
- Proven experience learning & introducing new technologies and driving innovation
- Experience documenting current and future state architectures
These skills are a plus:
- ITIL, TOGAF or Project management certification is a plus.
- Experience with ServiceNow and JIRA is a plus.
It is the policy of GCR to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. GCR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population.