Windows SCCM System Administrator
Job Type : Contract-to-Hire
Location/City : VA - Falls Church
Category : Information Technology
Region : Mid-Atlantic
Id : 25590
Monday - Friday, 40/hrs Six month contract assignment to conversion.
Six month contract assignment to conversion.
Opportunity to affect change by being an integral part of a team of Network, System, Process, and Cyber Admins and Engineers. This team is responsible for re-architecting and constructing the operational environment undergirding of the current and future IT platform of one of the most significant defense office buildings in the world. You will be providing front seat support with direct impact on the safety and protection of tens of thousands of military, government and civilian personnel.
Client has an opportunity for an experienced Windows SCCM System Administrator working with a large line of business within corporation that is currently supporting multiple contracts for the government in the DC Metro area. We are seeking energetic, talented individuals that have a desire to help transform customer requirements supporting the mission critical IT service for the Pentagon Force Protection Agency (PFPA).
The experienced Windows SCCM System Administrator will perform and lead team regarding system administrative duties in support of PFPA Security Integration and Technology Support (PSITS) operations including:
- Lead and participate in execution of the operations and management of a group of Windows Operating Systems: Servers (2008 R2 and 2012 R2) and Workstations (Windows 7 and 10) on both PFPA’s Life Safety Backbone (LSB) and Joint Service Provider hosted locations.
- Perform Active Directory Services administration and management to include design, cleanup and routine maintenance and configuration.
- Designs creates and maintains current and new processes utilizing SCCM CB for automation and deployment of internal client systems including operating system imaging, software packaging, scripting with PowerShell and or other programming languages and application deployment.
- Knowledge on using SCCM which involve adding systems to collections, create update packages for Microsoft security bulletins/hot fixes, and create packages for 3rd party software.
- Be able to check for enterprise security compliancy using SCCM, and query the environment for specific software installed on systems.
- Capable of troubleshooting SCCM agents installed on clients to ensure that all systems are receiving updates and report to the central SCCM server.
- Maintain a continuous cycle of patching and reporting to always ensure enterprise wide compliancy according to patch management processes.
- Analyzes data and or error reports from items such as hardware and software inventory to develop standard and custom reporting.
- Manage, monitor and respond to alerting for systems and services maintained
- Implement patches and upgrades to ensure server and workstation environment in compliance with DoD STIG and Information Assurance regulations.
- Support implementation of Role Based Access Control (RBAC)
- Participate in System Administration On Call rotational support roster
- Assist in leading documentation and adherence of operational execution in compliance with program and customer change and configuration management processes and procedures
- Coordinate, monitor and provide status updates for day to day operational concerns to customers and program stakeholders
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- 5-8 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
- Must meet DoD 8570 IAT II compliance included Security Plus with CE enrolled certification plus
- A combination of experience and strong competence/familiarity in the following areas:
- Experience supporting MS Active Directory services
- Experience supporting MS Server 2012R2
- Experience automating system management and monitoring using SCCM
- Experience patching Windows systems in a DoD environment
- MCSE Server Infrastructure (2012)
- Experience automating system administration tasks using Windows PowerShell
- Experience deploying and supporting SCCM2012R2
- Experience consolidating disparate domains
- Experience supporting MS SQL Server 2008, 2012, or 2014
- Experience raising the functional level of a domain to 2012R2
- Experience developing and applying AD GPOs in a DoD environment
- Experience implementing RBAC in a Windows environment
- Experience implementing and supporting enterprise disaster recovery solutions in a virtual environment
It is the policy of GCR to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. GCR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population.
|How to Apply:|
|Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job: Windows SCCM System Administrator (#25590-MH1639)|